Frequently Asked Questions

How late can I ring you?

Our Reception Staff are available 7 days per week, until 7.30 pm every night!

What do I need before I start lessons?

That’s easy:

Then simply contact us and we’ll book you in to start.

What is Q-Ride?

Q-Ride is a competency-based training and assessment program that aims to ensure participants reach a demonstrated level of skill and proficiency as a motorbike rider.

Basically, you train with us until our Q-Ride accredited instructors certify that you’re competent under the Q-Ride criteria.

You then take your Q-Ride certificate to Queensland Transport and they’ll give you your relevant motorbike licence.

Road ride on the Honda 400


How much does it cost to get my Q-Ride certificate?

Good question – because we see such a range of different riders (from beginners to riders who have ridden for 20 years in Motocross and have never gotten their road licence), we have a range of programs to best suit your needs and your budget.

Give us a call on 5596 4938 or email us and we’ll give you the full details of the training best for you.

I’m a beginner – do I ride on the roads?

As a beginner, how we like to start the training is by having you double on a bike with the instructor and he’ll ride you down to our fully secure, fenced and car less private training area.

This large empty area is idea for you to start your rider training.

Only once you’re comfortable and competent (and your instructor will be assessing this every minute he is with you) will you ride on the road – and, to start with, you’ll ride on a very quiet suburban road.

As your skills progress, so does your exposure to more challenging roads.

Our number 1 aim is to keep you completely safe at all times.

Our main aim is to keep you safe


How quickly can I get my Q-Ride certificate?

The simple answer to that is very quickly.

We have a 6 hour Experienced Riders Course where experienced riders can demonstrate their competency to an instructor (along with the required theory and road craft training).

Of course with learner riders, the time it takes to be competent varies tremendously.

What sort of motorbikes do you have?

We offer a fleet of new and very well maintained motorcycles ranging from scooters for our automatic learners, three different types of 250 cc motorcycles:

  • Honda CB
  • Honda VTR
  • Honda CBF

and our Honda CB 400 and 600 cc Hornet open motorcycles.

We take great pride in having the best fleet of motorbikes available for our students.

What’s Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS)?

The Learner Approved Motorcycle Scheme (LAMS) was introduced on July 1, 2009 in Queensland.

Under the scheme, Class RE licence holders will only be able to ride motorcycles that are LAMS approved. LAMS applies restrictions based on the overall performance capability of the motorcycle, rather than being based on engine capacity.

Restrictions Based on 2 Things

  1. A maximum power to weight ratio of 150 kilowatts per tonne and
  2. An upper engine capacity limit of 660 ml.

What this means is that class RE licence holders will have access to a larger range … here for more (and a full list of LAMS approved motorbikes).

Have a question?

We’re always adding to this section and know we can’t answer everything here of course.

If you have an questions please call us on 5596 4938 or email us here and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Motorcycle training Gold Coast

Call Now For Expert & Safe Training

Just call us on 07 5596 4938 or use the form below and one of our qualified friendly staff will get back to you with the course information and fees involved.  Easy!


One thought on “Frequently Asked Questions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *